Thursday, November 15, 2012

Quilting

Here are pictures from my first quilting expedition. I used flannel receiving blankets to make a four-patch design. The one on the ironing board is Mr. Graff's; he used two baby cloth books, cut them up and sewed them together. 


I was so excited to start quilting that I used a yard stick, chalk, and scissors to cut out all the squares. Mr. Graff helped me sew the squares and gave me a basic idea of strip quilting. Very cool. 


And here is my first finished quilt top. 


My next one was also a four patch, for a little girl. 


This one I actually tied and bound. 


I'm impressed with my efforts and looking forward to learning and trying more! I'm thinking a rail tie or Chinese coins quilt next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maple Syrup Festival

  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival @Cunningham Falls State Park today. The weather was *gorgeous* and the crowds not horrifying.  We star...