Friday, November 16, 2012

Home improvement

So, even though we have TWICE the square footage as our first apartment, it feels like we have HALF the storage space. How does that even work? 

Anyway, I've wanted to put up shelves for a long time, but stalled on the know-how. I feel super proud to figure it out, though. This is my first shelf. Sanded, stained, and installed in our entry way. I like the mirror, too. 


Emboldened by success, I decided to put up bookshelves, too. Bookcases were just too much temptation for Rae and I would find books everywhere and more distressing, in sad states and conditions. Shelves, then were a better solution--high and out of the way. 

We put up the brackets. I sanded and stained the two 6' boards and two 3' boards. 

 


Mr. Graff has excellent stud bracket hanging skills.  


Mr. Graff is applying a polyurethane outer coat on the long shelves here. 
 I used a power drill. 
Mom says that power drills are the best. I understand why.


And here are my finished shelves! 


I'm prodigiously proud of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maple Syrup Festival

  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival @Cunningham Falls State Park today. The weather was *gorgeous* and the crowds not horrifying.  We star...