Sunday, March 8, 2015

Tackling Boys and Projects


Raeford can't sit still to save his life. If he wants to hold Caleb, it's only long enough for me to take a picture and then he shoves him away so he can go play. It's a good thing that I've got lightning fast reflexes. 


At church, Rae cannot sit still. We arrived late, but still had an entire middle pew all to ourselves. So, of course, Raeford runs back and forth across the pew and Joe shrieks happily watching his brother. Joe and Rae manage to distract most of the ward. 

What do I do? I take Rae to the back of the overflow and hope to listen to some of the meeting. It does not work. I see the bishopric watch me as I chase Rae on the stage. I take Rae around the middle and march out to the foyer. This is when Rae starts yelling, 

"MOM, you're hurting my PENIS!!!"

Loudly. And repeatedly. 

Some people's kids. 


We heard from Hawaii this week--- they said to set our own timeline for coming out. So, we're planning on the end of June/beginning of July. That gives us two months to fix up the house and pack and another two months to sell it before we have to be there. 

So, let the projects begin: 

Rae helped me rip up the linoleum in the entryway, but... 


Mr. Graff did most of the work. 


Thank goodness for Code Red days. Mr. Graff got to stay home for one day and half of the next. It was so nice. He and Caleb watched the snow fall and dozed.  [Mr. Graff: Icie makes it sound like I got to sleep all day.  I wish.]


And back to the projects: I ripped up the caulk in the bathtub and scrubbed until it shined. It looks beautiful. Did you know that you can remove soap scum (and other bathtub nasties) with Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser? It's magic. And an eraser. I'm totally buying several more boxes of that amazing goodness.



Rae climbed in the tub with me and "helped", mostly by splashing water around and "scrubbing" the tub. 

 Joe hit so many milestones recently: he started dancing to music (he spins in a circle and giggles), he started drawing on paper (he really has not been interested before, and now not only does he draw, he does circles and swirls), and he climbed a set of stairs. 

Caleb graduates to six month clothes today, at three and a half months old. I tried to squeeze him into 3-6month clothes and it finally dawned on me that it does not fit around his chest. That Graff chest. Whoa, baby.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Maple Syrup Festival

  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival @Cunningham Falls State Park today. The weather was *gorgeous* and the crowds not horrifying.  We star...