Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pregnancy, so far

I feel like I'm ready to explode baby. 

Just not yet. 

So, in the last few weeks we've been back and forth on the twin thing. Am I/ Am I not? The real answer is, I have no idea. Which leads to my next thought: ultrasound. I've been opposed to ultrasound for a long time. I just don't want one. I'm also opposed to hospitals, doctors, and IVs--things that most people don't think much about.

After Rae was born, the nurse filling out paperwork at the ped's office kept asking which hospital Rae was born at. 

"He was born at home." 

"Yes, but which hospital?" 

My choices are unconventional. Though, not that many decades ago, they would be fairly normal. Just saying. Back the ultrasound. Since we do have the technology and Widget is big enough that I am not worried about what exposure to an ultrasound will do to her, I'd rather know that I am having twins before they are born. 

I like Mr. Graff's bus driver, Judy. I waddle down to drop him off most mornings and wait outside when he gets dropped off in the afternoons. 

"You're getting big," Judy says, "and not due until November?" 

"Yup, got a couple more months left." 

"Are you sure it's just one baby in there?" 

"Not sure at all." 



One baby would be nice. 

But I'd like to know how Widget can have two sets of feet in my ribs at the same time. 

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you're giving birth to a fully trained Chinese acrobat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to keep up on my blog reading!!!! You are pregnant again and I didn't even know!! And I never knew you had Rae at home?! Wow, you are superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!

      Not superwoman, just not willing to go to a hospital. :) We're excited about this new addition, but it's always funny to watch people's expressions when I tell them that I'm having a baby in 6 weeks and have a baby who's 15 months old.

      How are ya'll doing?

      Delete

Maple Syrup Festival

  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival @Cunningham Falls State Park today. The weather was *gorgeous* and the crowds not horrifying.  We star...