Saturday, February 4, 2012

Squid for Dinner; Helper Rae

We had squid for dinner!
Well, sort of... it sort of looked like squid. And it was tasty.


It's been oddly warm here, so we went for a ride outside. Rae's hair is getting fuzzy and long, and my favorite part of this picture is how the sunlight makes it glow. His grandmas say it looks like a halo. I say he's no angel at three in the morning. Mr. Graff says it's dark at three in the morning.



But, when it's not three in the morning, Rae's quite the helper. I set him in the kitchen and ran off to do other errands, when I came back, Raeford had crawled over to the oven, pulled down the broiler door and pulled out the broiler pan.


Ah, the glories of my filing system. Behold, I even got myself a professional (un) filer.



Helper Rae to the dishwasher-rescue! You can see that I did put toys out in the background, but Rae wanted to help so he scooted over to be a part of the action.


This last picture is probably my favorite of the bunch, simply because of what happened post-picture taking.

I finished putting dishes away and looked down to find that my helper was holding tightly onto the lip of the dishwasher door because he had wiggled his body underneath it. His huge eyes begged, "help, help, help", but he hadn't made a noise.

I laughed a lot.

Then, of course, I helped him up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Maple Syrup Festival

  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival @Cunningham Falls State Park today. The weather was *gorgeous* and the crowds not horrifying.  We star...