Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tummy Time



Trying to get Raeford to like tummy time is a Herculean effort. I make sure to put him down when he is calm and happy only to have to pick him up and comfort him a short while later. It's frustrating for both of us.

Lately, though, I've noticed that he is holding up his head better. My efforts are paying off! He also waits
about two minutes before becoming completely flustered and starting to fuss. Those two minutes make all the difference to me!

Sometimes it's hard for me to watch him struggle, but I know that struggling is the only way that he will get stronger and more independent-- and that is far more important for him to get stronger than for me to feel bad that he is having to make a lot of effort. Seems like a metaphor for my life...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Maple Syrup Festival

  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival @Cunningham Falls State Park today. The weather was *gorgeous* and the crowds not horrifying.  We star...