Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Keeper of the Zoo





 Of my kids, Caleb is most similar in temperament to me. He cannot sit still long enough to watch a movie; he doesn't like to sit still to eat, and he is endlessly organizing his brothers to do things with him.  

Like random face painting after school. 

Joe wanted a heart, and then he wanted gold glitter on his heart, so we got craft-herpes everywhere. Caleb wanted to appropriately dispose of the glitter (yay), so I told him to shake it out at the garbage can. I neglected to tell him to take the lid off the garbage can first



Based on the first picture, you'd conclude that Cay was putting on rouge. Not so. I didn't really get a good picture of the final face paint job, but this is close-ish: 



He told me that the black above his eyebrows was to make him look fierce, like a warrior. The blue on his chin reminds me of Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Cay also told me that he was going to wear his face paint to school the next day to show his friends. Nope. Not happening. It took six attempts, but he finally washed all of it off his face before bedtime. 

I've been volunteering at the school. Right now, I am mostly working with Rae's class (making copies and doing math facts), but I've started helping out in Caleb's class, too. 

One of the small people in Cay's class told me that I look like a zookeeper. 

I laughed. 

Why, yes, I am the keeper of the zoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maple Syrup Festival

  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival @Cunningham Falls State Park today. The weather was *gorgeous* and the crowds not horrifying.  We star...