Wednesday, October 6, 2021

It's OCTOBER, witches!

 



Jim called this my low-key goth outfit. Black shirt, leggings, sandals, and a Dia De Los Muertos mask. I use to really hate the idea of wearing skulls on anything, and I am largely still that way, but for some reason... I am really drawn to DDLM. It's bright and happy. 

Megan sent me her mask pattern, and I have to say... making masks has become a sickness: 



Rae and Cay both picked out fabrics this last weekend and we sewed up new masks for themselves, which they wore to school this week already. Cay might have burned his fingers; Rae might have tried to tell me what the pattern *actually* said, multiple times. 🙄 Rae-splaining.🤦🏻‍♀️ Rae's mask was pink and blue; Cay's mask had rockets and polka dots. [neither are pictured 👆🏼]

The other big news is... we applied for passports!!! The current wait time is 12 weeks or so, and although everyone asks, I have no idea where we really want to travel to outside the United States. Other than Iceland. I've had a longtime fascination with Iceland. 

Where do the kids want to go? 

Rae: New York City

Cay: China

Joe: the moon

We did all five passports at the same time, and for a hot minute I really debated whether or not it was worth it because corralling everyone was making me super anxious. Then I started wondering what corralling everyone in a foreign country would look like and my heart rate sped up and I felt light-headed.

The post office was great, though. We got in and out in less than an hour and half, and it wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been. Ultimately, I know that we don't know how much time we get with the people we care about, and I want to make memories. I want stories and adventures. 

We're probably not going to the moon, though. 




Rae's passport photo makes me laugh! Jim's hair dyed his background a pale pink. The rest of us look alright. :) 




We went to the library park (we have a tendency to name our parks anything other than their actual name---the library park being in close-ish proximity to the library), and I tried to get an artsy photo of Joe on the merry-go-round and accidentally caught Cay flying off the side. 




I am totally in love with Rae's hair---it reminds me of Link from Legend of Zelda. I also like pictures of Rae helping Joe; it just reminds me of what a great big brother Rae is becoming. I am so, so proud of him. 



We have a dry erase calendar that I update each month. This month I wrote, "It's OCTOBER, witches!" at the top. Caleb asked me why I wrote it, and I gave a sanitized answer: because Halloween is in October and witches are part of Halloween! I didn't realize that Jim had heard my explanation until he laughed at me. "You know... they might repeat that at school..." 😳

Sorry....but not really sorry. 

Because... it's OCTOBER, witches!!! 🧙‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maple Syrup Festival

  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival @Cunningham Falls State Park today. The weather was *gorgeous* and the crowds not horrifying.  We star...