Friday, January 27, 2012

Say Cheese!


So, I try to get cool candid shots of Raeford doing stuff, but he would rather pose. He gets a big, goofy smile, and because my phone camera has a slow shutter speed, he's trained himself to hold the pose for several seconds.

So I get funny pictures like this:


And he even holds his hands still, too! He's getting to where he can tilt his own bottle up for a few seconds when he's sitting. He does better reclining or laying down.


It almost looks like he's taking this picture.


And this is the first picture I have of his first two teeth! If you look really closely, you can just barely make out his two pearly whites on the bottom.


Other fun things:

Rae took off one of his socks, and was waving it around. "Look here, Chuckle-head," I said, "You took off your sock!" He grinned real big and pointed to the foot he took it off from as if to say, "See, how clever am I?"

I keep finding myself amazed at what Rae can do. I was studying my scriptures on the table and he was sitting in his booster seat, near, but not at the table. All of a sudden, his little hand shoots out, grabs the ribbon from my BOM and yanks it over the edge of the table.

His big accomplishment this week is learning how to get into sitting position from crawling, from laying on his back , or from laying on his belly. He's starting to creep around. On his belly, he stretches himself out as far as he can go and pushes with his tip-toes or pulls with his hands. Woohoo! Mobility, here we come!



2 comments:

  1. Hey it's Amra. It's almost scary how alike Rae and Everett look. :D Rae is adorable! I can't believe he's already teething and starting to crawl! Time is flying too fast! MAKE IT STOP!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes by so fast! I'm amazed at how much Rae changes every day (like he just pulled himself up to standing today!). It's exciting; he gets more and more cute. It also seems like as soon as I get a handle on one new thing, lots of other new things happen! It's an adventure.

      Delete

Maple Syrup Festival

  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival @Cunningham Falls State Park today. The weather was *gorgeous* and the crowds not horrifying.  We star...