Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Why Blog?

When I told Mr. Graff I wanted to write a blog, he asked, "Why would I want the world to read my thoughts and see my daily activities? I don't even do that on facebook." First, writing feels more official when other people are going to read it. It's nice to see something published online that I wrote. Feels good, but feeling good is not the only motivation.

This blog's title, "There Is Sunshine", contains some of my philosophy: Sunshine exists, I have to choose to see it. Most of my heroes and heroines are everyday people who can see the sunshine even in the midst of hard times. Even when trying to avoid the major pitfalls, hard times come. It's recognizing the tender mercies, the smell of roses, and the happiness of everyday things that makes a life special, meaningful.

Celebrating the everyday; that's what my blog is about. "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy", Lehi told his son. This has come to mean a lot more as I continue on my journey. We're here in mortality by choice; we can also have joy by choice. As I write my story, I see and realize the joy in it.

I want to feel, share, and celebrate that joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maple Syrup Festival

  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival @Cunningham Falls State Park today. The weather was *gorgeous* and the crowds not horrifying.  We star...